Thursday, August 03, 2006

Calvin and Hobbes: it was bound to happen

More than once, I have linked to a Calvin and Hobbes strip in this blog. This has long been one of my favourite cartoon strips. People tell me it's because it mirrors my own experience with my sons. In defence of my kids, I would dispute that... although my elder son at the same sort of age was prone to an alarmingly adult (in the clean sense) turn of phrase.

A while back, I posted this idle thought that the strip would make a good basis for a dissertation on teaching and learning. Sadly the link from the post no longer accesses the cartoon that sparked off the train of thought, but, somewhat belatedly, I got an anonymous comment pointing to this blog. Which just proves that I'm not as original or left-field a thinker as I'd like to believe!

No comments: