Over at the Learning Circuits blog, the big question for December is... correction, the big questions for December are:
What are the biggest challenges for you/us as head into 2007?
What are your predictions for 2007?
What will you remember most about 2006?
- The opportunity to create resources that didn't involve linear navigation (wahey!)
- The publication of George's book Knowing Knowledge
- The terrifying (first hand) discovery that many UK primary school teachers are really pants at maths
- Trying to persuade more paying clients to allow us to create learner-driven resources
- Creating learner-driven resources that add more value than Google and wikipedia
- Finding ways to accommodate and even capitalise on the first instinct of learners in the workplace to ask the bloke at the next desk
You know, I don't really feel bold enough to make predictions. I don't know enough!
- I hope that we see more use of ICT in general and social media in particular in schools, and in learning as a whole
- I hope that education authorities the world over start to revise their ideas based on input from universities and employers... especially employers
- I hope that workplace-based learners will become increasingly pro-active in respect of their learning