Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Some things don't work online!

This morning I discovered something that hasn't worked online: candlelit romance.

Tuesdays I work at home. Because my laptop has recently decided not to maintain connection to my wifi, I am compelled to do this on the family PC until such time as the problem is solved (by someone more techie than me!). This morning, I find that my efforts are somewhat hampered by the large quantities of wax all over the keyboard! It seems my younger son was attempting to romance the current object of his affections via msn-by-candleight last night. You have to give him credit for originality, but the resultant conjoining of some of the keys is a tad inconvenient, to say the least.

If anyone out there has successfully managed to foster an atmosphere of romance online, I would appreciate any tips that you might have that I can pass on to my son.

Oh, and if anyone knows how to get wax out of a keyboard...

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I shudder to think what he was using the wax for......

Wendy said...

I shudder to think what he was using the wax for....

Anonymous said...

Don't even go there: he's only 13!!! Actually, I think it was as a result of holding the candle over the keyboard so that he could see it. Nothing exciting.