Friday, July 06, 2007

Spelling

Okay this is a bit of showing off from me. Recently, Donald Clark (the eternal iconoclast) posted about Frumpy Netiquette. In this post he touched on the youth approach to spelling, grammar, et al. In the comments Clive Shepherd admitted to being a bit of a spelling and grammar pedant, and I have to confess that I am, too. I can't understand why correct spelling doesn't matter to the people, well... to whom it doesn't matter. I don't see this as being directly age related, either - one of my MA classmates is at least my age and couldn't give a hoot about spelling. She's not dyslexic, she just doesn't care. As long as the word can be read, as far as she's concerned, it's met its objective and she isn't going to waste time making sure it's correct.

Anyhoo (sic), as an extension of my earlier post, I found all sorts of other quizzes on Mingle2. Apparently, I know 71% about movies in the last 25 years and my dead body (should I die today) would be worth $3775. More importantly, for a nitpicker:

No comments: