Friday, February 22, 2008

It comes to us all

I have a new favourite song, featured in this YouTube video. It's David Jordan's Sun goes Down.



I love the rhythm and the fusion of sounds - I can hear bits of Eastern Europe, bits of the middle east, bits of the Indian subcontinent, bits of Celt. It stirs my blood, and I can't keep my feet still. Mind you, being African, I am bound to be a sucker for something that is so strongly rhythm-driven.

I was showing this clip to my kids, because my ravings about the song were drawing blank looks. I told them that whenever this song comes on the radio while I'm in the car, I turn the volume way up and vibe along with the music.

Without missing a beat, my younger son said, "Oh, so you turn it up to about volume 2, then, Mom?"

Sigh. You know you're getting old when....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest son frequently tells me not to play my music so loud or so late. I'm fairly certain this is back-to-front to the way things should be.

Anonymous said...

Sharon: I don't know about it being the opposite of how it should be, but I suspect it's the opposite of how it usually is. You go girl!