Today I received an email from someone within my network asking who I knew that is based in the Boston area. I had a moment of panic as it dawned on me that I have very little idea where any of my network peeps are based. Then I realised I don't really need to know - you're all right here, aren't you?
Off the top of my head, I know which continent most of you are on, and some of you have made enough mention of your locale for me to get a closer fix than that.
For example, I (think I) know that
- Vicki Davis is in Camilla, Georgia
- Harold Jarche and Stephen Downes are in or near Moncton, New Brunswick
- Graham Wegner is in Adelaide, Australia
- George Siemens is in or near Manitoba
- Jay Cross lives in sunny California... Berkeley, I think
- Jeff Utecht is still in Thailand, although he is American... sawasdee, Jeff
- Ron Lubensky is in Melbourne - although he still has a Canadian accent after 20 years plus
- Janet Clarey is in New York state
- Frances Bell works at Salford University, which is in or near Manchester
- Claudia Ceraso is in Argentina
- Rina Tripathi is somewhere in India
- Eduardo Peirano is in Uruguay
- Don Taylor is in the London area
- A whole raft of you are in Brighton and Hove: Clive Shepherd, Donald Clark et al
It is with a sense of relief that I realise my atrocious geography is no longer a factor. I know exactly where to find you all! You're in my Bloglines, my Google Reader, my Twitter stream, my Facebook contacts.
You're all local.
Ain't it grand?