Tuesday, March 07, 2006

International Women's Edublogging Day - my commendation

As my last post probably revealed, I have a problem with the implications of an International Women's Day. It smacks of sexism to me. Before I have another soapbox moment, however, and get sidetracked from the main point of this post...

I would like to commend Vicki Davis for all that she is achieving for technology in education. I am a particular fan of her Cool Cat Teacher blog. Although our professions differ in many respects, I am always inspired by Vicki's attitude towards her vocation (and I choose that word quite deliberately). I can't remember when I last heard a teacher refer to the profession as a "noble calling" which is a phrase that Vicki uses regularly and unapologetically. Would that there were more like her.

1 comment:

Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher said...

Golly, I love reading your blog, Karyn. And when you give me a compliment I am very humbled and grateful. I'm enjoying reading your blog very much! I'm going to do a post on Internationl Edublogging Women's Day, albeit a little late. Thanks for mentioning me!