Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Stephen Downes has left the building

So, Stephen has decided to call it quits for a while. The edublogging world is understandably wearing sackcloth and ashes. I have to confess that most of what he had to say was too far outside of my weight division to be accessible to me. However, it was via links in his posts that I came into contact with many of the blogs in my Bloglines.

I can understand that he is feeling drained - was there ever a more prolific reader/researcher/writer? He's like a living, breathing aggregator with the added value of insight and opinion. Every day, without fail, my bloglines would show more new posts from Stephen than the rest of the list put together. It's going to be a much shorter task to catch up each morning while Stephen ejoys some R&R.

No comments: