Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Trying to Articulate

I'm looking into using Articulate to develop some rapid elearning. I've downloaded the demos of two of the apps: Engage and Presenter.

The Presenter bit is fairly straightforward - I know PowerPoint inside and out, so this isn't too much of a stretch. I've also figured out how to create some of the interactions using Engage, and to publish these to my PowerPoint/Presenter file.

What I can't figure out is how to skin them so they look all of a piece. It's really jarring to be pootling along through a piece of learning and then to hit a snazzy interactive screen that looks as if it's been grafted in from a totally unrelated species. I have worked my way through the material on the site and can't find anything that helps. We're in the process of buying licences for the software, and must obvioously be satisfied that we can achieve this seamless appearance. I'm sure it must be possible - they're part of the same suite, after all.

Are there any users out there who can tell me where to find help with this? I know George Siemens uses Articulate, but I have an idea he only uses the Presenter bit.

3 comments:

George Siemens said...

Hi Karyn - I'd suggest contacting Gabe Anderson: http://www.articulate.com/support/contact/gabe/

From my experience, their customer service is generally excellent. I've used both Articulate and Engage...but I'm more concerned about "how does it work" than making it look nice. Making things look pretty is not a talent I've been blessed with :).

Anonymous said...

Thanks, George.

Gabe Anderson said...

Hi Karyn- Per my email to you just now (but also leaving the info here should anyone else come across your blog post):

this is a topic that has come up previously on our very active Community Forums. As well, my colleague Dave has this blog entry, which should get you going in the right direction.

Here's a link to our forums, too.

And thanks, George, for the kind words. :)