Thursday, January 03, 2008

Gratitude list...

Harold Jarche sets a good example by exhorting us all to draw up a new year's gratitude list. While I have made a few resolutions, which I prefer to think of as personal goals for the year, I would like to flatter Harold by imitation. Apologies (or not!) to all the eye rollers ;-)

I am grateful that I am twenty years in to a marriage to a wonderful man who still adores me and thinks me beautiful.

I am grateful for my two lovely teenage boys. I was very fortunate to be able to take time out when they were little so that I could raise them myself. I don't regret the financial or career sacrifice. I am grateful that we were in a position to make that choice. Very few people are that privileged nowadays.

I am grateful that we live in a safe enough society that my children are able to take for granted a level of freedom that their cousins can't even imagine.

I am grateful that I have a job which stretches me and affords me the opportunity to engage with this community.

I am grateful to this community for all that I have learned over tha past two and a half years.

That'll do for now.

No comments: