Monday, January 14, 2008

Phone? What phone? Oh, you mean

You would think that, with the proliferation of gadgets around, it would be ever easier to buy gifts for teenagers. But, reaching December with little inspiration as to what to give my sons for Christmas, I had - over the space of several days - the following conversation with them.

"Would you like a watch?"
"What for? I have my phone!"
"Would you like a new alarm clock?"
"What for? I have my phone!"
"Would you like a digital camera?"
"What for? I have my phone!"
"Would you like an mp3 player?"
"What for? I have my phone!"
"Would you like a video camera?"
"What for? I have my phone!"
The list goes on...

And this is without an iPhone (look, much as I fancy the thing, I can't bring myself to spend what will amount to £900 for it!)

I have just one question:

Why are we still calling it a phone?

No comments: