Friday, September 26, 2008

So here I am...

I have been very careful not to let slip a surprise set up for my sister by my uncle. In spite of the fact that she doesn't interact with the blogosphere or Facebook, I have avoided all mention. But now that I am here, and the surprise has been sprung, I can let you in on the secret.

My uncle generously used his voyager miles to fly me to South Africa for my sister's wedding.

The look on her face was worth the 22 hour journey (door-to-door, that is), even though I hate to fly.

Tomorrow is the big day. It has not been without its hiccups for both bride and groom as a dress disaster and the hospitalisation tonight of the groom's father have been difficult obstacles to cope with. But we hope that it will all turn out well for them tomorrow.

More details when I return to the UK and have access to something faster than a 57.5Kbps dialup connection!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Robert Frost said, home is something you haven't somehow to deserve.

Families: without them, nothing would be relative.

The upsycho said...

@dave Robert Frost was smart man! My sister (this same one) once gave me a birthday card that said:

From those who know you, those who love you... and those who know you and still love you.

Ah, those precious, precious few who fall into that final category! Where would I be without them?