Saturday, April 04, 2009

pic of the day - IKEA


Did you know that IKEA stands for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd? Ingvar Kamprad started the company on his parents' farm in Elmtaryd, Agunnaryd, Sweden.

We bought a new chair for the family room, a new desk for my business and a new shoe rack to replace the one in our entrance hall that the dog 'nommed' this morning.

But, being married to a Swede means we also always come away with tons of food from the kiosk. Fortunately, my husband has gone off the herrings for a while, because we used to wind up with bottles and bottles of them in the fridge, in a range of different sauces.

2 comments:

Harold Jarche said...

I love herring, especially pickled herring :-)

My mom grew up on the Baltic Sea.

The upsycho said...

I like them, too. But there's a limit to the number of bottles of herring I like to have in my fridge at any one time.

My favourite flavours are löksill (onion herring), inlagd sill (marinated herring) and dillsill(dill herring).

The best way is with boiled baby potatoes (in their skins) and lashing of sour cream, topped with fresh dill and chives.

Of course, this is 'beer food' but I'm not really a beer drinker, so I have to substitute a nice dry cider.