Friday, February 17, 2006

Why British teachers don't blog

Here's an interesting post from Terry Freedman about why British teachers are so slow to catch on to the idea of blogging. Thanks to Mark Berthelemy for the pointer.

I have a few ideas of my own about the matter - some of which would probably get me into trouble, being somewhat unflattering to the British education system. I heartily agree with most of what Terry has to say, however, and it worries me even more as a parent than it does as a learning professional.

However, there are some of us who are expending a great deal of energy to change things. On a professional level, I am involved in developing a pilot workshop to address this very thing. On a personal level, I am inundating every teacher friend and acquaintance I have with links to blogs and sites about blogging in education. I haven't quite reached the stage where people have begun to cross the street when they see me coming, but it isn't for want of trying!

No comments: