Thursday, November 01, 2007

Edublog 2007 Awards

Josie Fraser has been letting us know via Facebook, her blog and Twitter - to name but a few ;-) - that it is once again that time of year. In an exciting development, the award ceremony will take place in Second Life this year (on Saturday 8 December), so if you're planning to attend, you will need to create an SL account.

Head on over to the nominations page and make your views known about the edublogs you read. There is a whole raft of new categories this year, as well as the old faithfuls, so get your thinking cap on about who you might nominate for:

1. Best individual blog
2. Best group blog
3. Best new blog
4. Best resource sharing blog
5. Best designed blog
6. Most influential blog post
7. Best blogged research paper or project
8. Best teacher blog

9. Best higher-education student blog
10. Best librarian / library blog

11 .Best educational tech support blog
12. Best elearning / corporate education blog
13. Best educational use of audio
14. Best educational use of video / visual
15. Best educational wiki
16. Best educational use of a social networking service
17. Best educational use of a virtual world
18. Best educational use of open source
19. Digizen’s 13-19 competition
20. Conveners award

2 comments:

Josie Fraser said...

Ah Karyn.. I have to get the message out & set a good example for people who might be shy about promoting themselves for nominations :) Sorry yr getting a bit spammed - buy you a virtual drink at the awards.

Anonymous said...

Josie: I wasn't really complaining. I totally understand the need to publicise this event - hence my own contribution.

Even with all that prompting, though, I don't think I could bring myself to nominate one of my own blogs - I still feel like such a beginner!