I came across this question in one of my LinkedIn groups this morning:
What are the 3 most sought software skills for an Instructional Designer?
This was my response:
To be honest, I would place the software skills very low on the list of priorities. You can always learn a new application. I would be far more interested in whether the personWhat do you reckon?
These are the characteristics I would consider of far greater import than "Can you use Articulate?"
- understands learning
- understands learners
- is skilled at building relationships with SMEs and stakeholders
- is a shining example of a self-driven, passionate learner
- is creative and original
- is able to think beyond templates and content
- knows how to create resources that engage people
- holds learners/users in higher esteem than he-who-signs-the-cheque
Post a Comment