Friday, January 27, 2006

Doing what you love

My bloglines feed from Stephen Downes steered me towards this essay from Paul Graham yesterday. http://www.paulgraham.com/love.html I had never heard of him before, although I gather he is a rather prominent figure in his field. The essay engaged me both as a learning professional and as a parent facing the "what will they be when they grow up?" question. Of course, I differed with his point of view on some issues, but he provided food for thought, and I used a few of his assertions to stimulate discussion at a dinner last night, to good effect.

Out of interest, I did something I seldom do, and took a look at the comments. Top of the list of many was one that had me spluttering with indignation at some people's arrogance and superficiality. So much so, that it provoked me to respond. This is the second time in a week that I have fired off an indignant response - I must be becoming curmudgeonly in my middle age!

No comments: