Monday, May 25, 2009

pic of the day - young farmers


Several of the ladies at our ladies' group on Friday night were giggling about this sign, describing how one of the cows on it had fallen down so that it looked as if it had mounted the other. Teeheehee. One of them even suggested I should capture it for my pic of the day slot. I hadn't seen it at that stage.

Today we had to pass it, so we stopped to get a picture. Notice the angle of the writing on the bull. It is obviously supposed to be in that position. Somewhat heavy-handed humour, I reckon.

Perhaps the young farmers in this area haven't discovered artificial insemination yet. None of the farmers I have known in the past would risk injury to bull or cow by leaving nature to take its course.

2 comments:

Stephen Downes said...

Even more remarkable is the albino bull.

The upsycho said...

Chortle. White bulls are not that rare in the UK, really. It's apparently an indigienous breed.