Saturday, February 14, 2009

LPOD - knitting needles

I discovered today that a 6mm knitting needle is the equivalent of a UK size 4.

After my dog kindly rendered some assistance with my knitting a while back, I went to a local haberdashery to replace the knitting needles (her knitting technique left toothmarks on the ones I had) and discovered that the sizing system was different from the South African one (shows how long ago I last bought new needles!). I took a guess which turned out to be wrong and wound up getting the wrong size. Today, I went back with one of the damaged ones, and had it sized up in English money, rather than the metric system I know.

I then found this handy chart showing the conversions for all sizes.

Sadly, the delay meant John's scarf wasn't ready for Valentine's day, but he should have it for Monday.

No comments: