Wednesday, February 04, 2009

pic of the day - cleaning crew


These are the two young Korean students who clean my house for me once a week. When the head of their language school approached me to ask if I could offer them a cleaning job, he was slightly embarrassed to be offering me male cleaners - in the UK, domestic cleaners are still almost all female. I was happy to assess their efficiency on the work done rather than their gender.

Minjun Kang (left) has a dust allergy - hence the mask, and Kiho Yun (right) yelps every time one of my cats appear - although he insists that he is not afraid of them, merely startled by them!

They work very hard and are sweating profusely by the time they leave. Every few weeks, they come and ask me if I have "any commentary" on their work.

What's not to like?

No comments: