Wednesday, February 11, 2009

pic of the day - mobile MRI


After three months of agony, I spent an hour on Monday refusing to take no for an answer and working my way up the NHS food chain until I finally got to speak to someone who could make me an appointment to have an MRI scan done today. Note: this is the first scan/x-ray/anything that has been done on my shoulder!

The staff members in the mobile unit were sympathetic, gentle and professional, but the receptionist in the hospital outside which it was parked today handed me a slip of paper advising me that "it may be 3-4 weeks before your consultant reviews the result of your scan... if he/she finds something that requires urgent attention, you will get an appointment soon after that." Apparently the scans will be sent to South Africa to be assessed by a radiologist. Sheesh. If only I'd known - I could have given them the names of several!

I think my poor liver flinched at the realisation that it was going to face another 4 weeks of the barrage of painkillers I'm currently throwing down my neck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awful. Ugh. I hope you're feeling better soon.

The upsycho said...

@Janet Thanks! On a pain-scale of 1-10, I have come to regard a 3 as a good day. The last week has been about 9-9.5 :o(