Tuesday, February 24, 2009

pic of the day - drugs!


It's been some time since I injured my shoulder - more than 3 months, I think, maybe even 4 months. I am still awaiting a diagnosis and have been on the receiving end of demonstrations of just how overstretched and inefficient the NHS and its procedures have become.

In desperation, I went back to my GP who has taken ownership of the situation. I finally feel as if there is someone fighting my corner for me.

In the meantime he has had upped my pain medication. He assures me that these are not addictive, but there are inevitable side effects - one of the most significant being drowsiness.

I am also being sent for additional blood tests which will, among other things, identify whether it will be necessary to conduct further screening for Alzheimer's. It is, of course, entirely possible that my symptoms can be attributed to some other cause, but from the fact that the tests are necessary at all, I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

No comments: