Wednesday, March 18, 2009

On locations

Today I received an email from someone within my network asking who I knew that is based in the Boston area. I had a moment of panic as it dawned on me that I have very little idea where any of my network peeps are based. Then I realised I don't really need to know - you're all right here, aren't you?

Off the top of my head, I know which continent most of you are on, and some of you have made enough mention of your locale for me to get a closer fix than that.

For example, I (think I) know that

  • Vicki Davis is in Camilla, Georgia
  • Harold Jarche and Stephen Downes are in or near Moncton, New Brunswick
  • Graham Wegner is in Adelaide, Australia
  • George Siemens is in or near Manitoba
  • Jay Cross lives in sunny California... Berkeley, I think
  • Jeff Utecht is still in Thailand, although he is American... sawasdee, Jeff
  • Ron Lubensky is in Melbourne - although he still has a Canadian accent after 20 years plus
  • Janet Clarey is in New York state
  • Frances Bell works at Salford University, which is in or near Manchester
  • Claudia Ceraso is in Argentina
  • Rina Tripathi is somewhere in India
  • Eduardo Peirano is in Uruguay
  • Don Taylor is in the London area
  • A whole raft of you are in Brighton and Hove: Clive Shepherd, Donald Clark et al
And I'm finally starting to run out of steam. But that's just at random off the top of my head. Not bad for someone who has recently been assessed for Alzheimer's, eh?

It is with a sense of relief that I realise my atrocious geography is no longer a factor. I know exactly where to find you all! You're in my Bloglines, my Google Reader, my Twitter stream, my Facebook contacts.

You're all local.

Ain't it grand?

6 comments:

Cammy Bean said...

I'm in the Boston area!

Harold Jarche said...

Will Thalheimer is in the Boston area.

http://www.work-learning.com/will_thalheimer.htm

The upsycho said...

@cammy - but you can't be. You're right here! No, seriously, thanks for letting me know. Do you speak with a Boston accent?

@Harold Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that.

Jeff Utecht said...

We're all local....I like that!

Cammy Bean said...

I am right there, but I'm also here. In the Boston area.

No Boston accent (except when I'm goofing around). Not originally from here, although it's been almost 20 years now!

N Winton said...

I'm in Scotland (Perth). You are... in my feedreader!