Monday, March 23, 2009

Bonus learning point of the day - spikes

I have just returned from a fruitless trip to the local sports shop. I was looking to buy replacement spikes for both my son's javelin and sprint spikes. The man behind the counter is obviously a keen road runner but he doesn't really know a lot about sprinting or javelin. The spikes he was trying to sell us didn't look anything like the kind in my son's shoes. He didn't have long enough spikes for the javelin shoes and he didn't have anything of the same shape as the sprint spikes.

I came back home and went googling (as you do), and was fascinated to learn about the spikes he uses in his sprint shoes. They're called Christmas tree spikes. There's no way I could do anywhere near as well as this article, so check it out for yourself if you're interested in sprints or if you're kitting out a son or dauther who sprints.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karyn,

Hope you are well! I have a question i am hoping you can help me out with - you were the first person that popped into my head that may know ! I have jsut recently moved to Amsterdam and am in search of Captivate 4 training in Europe - do you know of any good providers? Any info at all would be awesome !
I still love reading your blog :)
Cheers,
Deb

The upsycho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The upsycho said...

@Deb Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone. I did a quick search on Skillfair, where many training consultants have registered there skills, and drew a surprising blank. A Google search brings up a few results, but I have no idea whether they're good, bad or indifferent.

I would suggest contacting Adobe themselves to see what they suggest.